Sunday, February 17, 2013

Zip It & Bullwinkle

3:45am and my sordid little brain won't shut up. I should never have increased my Wellbutrin. The only reason I did was to try and crawl my way back out of this gutter I have been inhabiting since last June. An attempt to stop my not too slow slide into complete madness. What has changed to turn this floundering ship around, nothing really other a moment of clarity and realization that I haven't been writing.

At about 1:45am I concluded that I actually had something to say and that I hadn't posted any opinions on Douche for sometime. WHY? Glad you asked. Back in June of 2012 during the Madeline RCH/Children's Hospital Disaster and Terror Fest, I came to the realization that I had to shut up. How did I come to this conclusion? Simple, everytime I tried to say something I was cut off at the pass. Now this in itself is not an unusual occurrence, as it does generally happen every day. The difference having to keep my opinions to myself slid me into this trench that I am now trying to crawl out of. The result was I shut down part of me that should not be shut down. It was like the scene from Austin Powers, where Dr. Evil repeatedly tells Scott to Zip It, Zip It, Zip It.

Now this is not say that I have not had any rants. I have, but when they have written them down and I discarded them into my documents folder. Why? Well because sometimes it is better that way, they could cause more trouble than they are worth. Hence the shut down. The kettle is screaming and here it is 4:05 am and I thank the manufacturers of Wellbutrin for the clarity. I'm not finished yet after all it is 4:05am and there has to be a reason to be awake,

I'm going to blame television again. That Damn Great Knowledge Network and CBC's Passionate Eye were the problem last evening. Passionate Eye was reviewing the work of John Gray, 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. It could have been titled 'Men have a Penis and Women Don't' or 'Figure out which Brain he's using and then Act Accordingly' . The phrase "women just want you to listen and not try to fix things" was repeated numerous times. That's not the first time or the last time I've heard that phrase. It is a weekly occurrence on the mountain top. This of course takes me back to the Madeline RCH/Children's Hospital Disaster and Terror Fest of last June. I wanted to shout at somebody about their stupidity and the fact that their actions or lack there of almost killed my granddaughter. That's all. I finally said it. Yes I am still mad and I am tired of "just listen". I don't want to FUCKING FIX IT, I just want to be mad and know that somebody else hears me. Yes, I am still mad at my mother as well, thanks for asking.

Royal Columbian Hospital, pediatrics ward almost killed my granddaughter. Here's something else, Vancouver Children's Hospital SAVED HER LIFE and saved a family. There now everybody knows.

Next up, Bullwinkle.

That Damn Great Knowledge Network unfortunately presented a National Geographic Documentary entitled 'Mysteries of the Moose'. On seeing the title, the 10 year old boy that still lives inside of me was thrilled. I need to know more about the Majestic Moose. Where else would you have found out that Moose Antlers can weigh over 45 kilos and that they can run over 30km per hour. It wasn't that NG didn't teach anything, they did, but it's how they did it. Why did they have to turn it into a horror show about blood sucking ticks and show repeated close ups of a Grizzly tearing the guts out of not just one but two Moose Calves?
It's not that I didn't want to hear about the dangers facing Moose in todays modern society but it didn't need to be so Fucking Graphic. What was the point? Why didn't they mention more about the human threat other the car accidents. Images tightly shot to show that the danger to Man was highlighted rather than the Moose. The Moose lost more than just a windshield in the collision. I noticed that they dwelled on the happy relationship Alaskans have with Moose in their yards and failed to mention how many are hunted down with assault rifles each year. Why didn't they interviewed the former Governor Palin about her love of Moose hunting and assault rifles.

Bottom line, by the time National Geographic finished with Moose, the 10 year old in me, never wanted to watch another documentary about Moose or any other animal. We know nature can be cruel, but don't shove it in our faces like that especially when you bias  the story by not covering the human factor. I am not saying we have to go back to 'Hinterland Who's Who' days but really who wants their children to see Bullwinkle's bloated tick infested body being torn open by Yogi Bear's cousin Griz?

Glad I got all that out of my head. 5am and it's almost time to go back to bed. 

Opinions expressed are mine, I am not trying to fix anything other than myself at present.

1 comment:

brie said...

Rant on!

I love you, Dad.